The Great Hall
This magnificent banqueting hall is the largest of its kind ever built in Scotland and was used for feasts, dances and pageants. Completed for James IV in 1503 it has four pairs of tall windows at the dais end, where the king and queen sat, and was heated by five large fireplaces. The exterior walls are a distinctive colour, rendered in Royal Gold harling, as they would have been in the 1500s.
BY RAIL Stirling station is a 20 minute walk or 10 minute drive from the castle.
BY CAR Venue address: Castle Esplanade, Stirling, Scotland FK8 1EJ